May 2007 I bought my first home
and with it a nice two car
garage.. finally enough space to store and play with all my toys.. J
Thanks to Mike we took the ’82 out of storage and transported
it to my garage where the project will take place.
Feb 9th 2008, the
first cut is made and the project begins. That weekend we pulled out the
engine and most of the engine compartment stuff along with interior and
wiring harness. Over next
couple of nights I finished stripping whatever was left getting ready to
throw it on a rotisserie.
Craig made a very nice
rotisserie when he was restoring his ’84,
the progress can be seen on this
The ‘82 is now finally
upside down. Next step is to
strip all the undercoating, fix the accident damage and remove 12”
from the wheelbase.. J
In meantime I am off to Poland
to load the kit and another 2-door (for Mike) onto a container and ship it
to this side of the pond.